Patients (as far as their medical condition enables them) have the legal responsibility to cooperate with the medical team participating in their medical care, they have to:
- inform them about their relevant medical history, regarding their previous illnesses, medications and medical treatments, risk factors;
- inform them about everything regarding their own health that might threaten other people’s life or physical health, especially about infectious diseases and other diseases and conditions disqualifying them from certain occupations;
- inform them about any previous legal declarations related to their health;
- comply with the recommended medical therapy;
- comply with the department’s policy;
- pay the legally determined service fee;
- verify their personal data.
The patients and their relatives have to respect other patients’ rights and the policies of the medical service provider facility, and they must not violate the rights of the medical employees.
For further information on exercising patient rights and on patient representatives, read the applying article: Enforcing patient rights